12.6.11

Harry Potter Mania

I just got my ticket for the midnight premier of the last Harry Potter movie ever! (bittersweet moment)
Harry Potter is such a huge part of my life. I am one of those kids that Harry Potter saved from illiteracy and a introduced to the wonderful world of the written language. And now, I'm going to school to be a journalist. These books literally transformed my life and turned reading and writing into my passion. And because I owe so much to JK Rowling and her masterpiece, I really need to share it in an all things Harry Potter post!

FAVOURITE BOOK:
While I love ALL the books, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was truly my favourite.
Why?
Not only is it the climax of the entire series, but it's one of the purest examples of fighting for what you believe in. Regardless of age, blood, and talent, these people come together to battle for what is good, even to death. It's the ultimate battle of good and evil. I also love the deep and strong relationships between characters because it reflects so clearly what it means to be a friend. And it's beautiful.

FAVOURITE CHARACTER:
Hermione Granger.
Why?
Because she's like my twin! Apart from being a academically gifted and a lover of learning, her growth through out the books is a lot like my own personal evolution. I was that goodie-two-shoes and know-it-all who worked really hard in school and would never imagine doing anything wrong. But like Hermione, I really came into myself and learned I wasn't just defined by my grades and I wasn't afraid to challenge authority. She also went from that insecure girl to being proud of all her quirks. And if that wasn't enough, Hermione is the key for Harry to succeed. Without her brains, he'd have been done for a long time ago.


FAVOURITE MOVIE:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Why?
For me, this movie just epitomized the world that JK Rowling created. It was so true to the book and really felt magical. As much as I love all the movies, some I feel were too concerned with an "artistic vision" rather then bringing to life what is already so amazing. It's also where the actors are really starting to understand the roles they are playing. And of course, DOBBY! I love Dobby and how loyal he is.





FAVOURITE QUOTE:
"You said to us once before," said Hermione quietly, "that there was time to turn back if we wanted to. We've had time, haven't we?"
"We're with you whatever happens," said Ron..." (Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince)
Why?
This part of the book always makes me bawl. But it's so touching. Harry doesn't want to endanger is best friends, but they are willing to risk anything to help him. This should be under the definition of "Friendship" because that's exactly what is it. It's courage and strength and faith to stand by someone even in the darkest and most hopeless hour. It solidifies the unbreakable friendship between Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

No comments:

Post a Comment